Use Your Own URL-shortening Service
The Social Sharing solution automatically shortens links using the rpx.me domain.
However, if you would like to use a different domain, this can be configured in the Dashboard. This feature uses a configured custom domain by default. To specify a different domain, please contact your Janrain representative.
Note: URL shortening can be toggled on and off on a per use basis using the
This feature is only available to:
To change the domain used when shortening URLs:
- Sign in to your Dashboard application.
- Click the Manage Engage App button () corresponding to the sharing app.
- Click the Settings button.
- In the Custom URL Shortening section (see Figure 1), enter the custom domain used for your site. Note: This domain must be already provisioned by Janrain to work.
- Select the Save button.
- Once the domain is configured in the Janrain dashboard, you will need to add a CNAME (also known as an alias) to your custom domain that points to rpx.me. Adding a CNAME differs from one hosting provider to another, so contact your provider if you need specific instructions. NOTE: Adding a CNAME may take up to 48 hours to take effect.
The domain will now be used instead of the rpx.me to shorten URLs.