Before You Start
To configure VK as an identity provider, you need a VK account. Instructions for creating a VK account are given in the following procedure.
VK Identity Provider Setup
To set up VK as an identity provider, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Janrain Dashboard (dashboard.janrain.com).
- Click the Manage Engage App button () corresponding to the property to configure.
- On the Providers tile, click the Manage Providers icon.
- In the list on the right, click VK.
- Click Configure. This starts the VK Setup Wizard.
Figure 1: VK Setup Wizard, Intro Page
- If you don’t already have a VK account, click the link on the setup wizard to create one.
- After you log in to VK, click the link to the VK developer site.
- On the VK Create an Application page, enter a Title for your application.
- For a Category, select Website.
- To find your Site Address and Base Domain, go back to the setup wizard and click Next.
- Copy the Site Address and Base Domain values and enter them on the VK page. Note that your base domain does not include
http:// (shown in Figure 2).
- Click Connect Application (located at the bottom of the page).
- A dialog is displayed. It informs you that VK will send you a text message.
- Make sure that your phone number is correct.
- You will receive the message within a few minutes. Enter the text code you receive and press Save.
- A page that shows your app details is displayed.
Figure 2: VK Page, App Details
- On this page, click Save again.
- On the setup wizard, click Next. The new page has fields for Application ID and Secure Key.
- On the VK page, click the Settings tab (located on the left).
Figure 3: VK Page, Settings
- Copy the Application ID and Secure Key values and paste them to the corresponding fields on the setup wizard.
- On the setup wizard, click Save.
Figure 4: VK Setup Wizard, VK Enabled
VK is now configured as an identity provider and is selectable on the Janrain Dashboard.