Before You Start
Configuration requires a Tumblr developer’s account.
Tumblr Identity Provider Setup
To set up Tumblr as an identity provider, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Janrain Dashboard (dashboard.janrain.com).
- Click the Manage Engage App button () corresponding to the property to configure.
- On the right side of the page, click the Provider Configuration link. The Provider Configuration page is displayed.
- In the list on the right, click Tumblr.
- Click Configure. This starts the Tumblr Setup Wizard.
Figure 1: Tumblr Setup Wizard, Intro Page
- Log in to Tumblr and click the second link in the setup wizard.
- Click the green Register application button at the bottom of the Tumblr apps page.
- Enter the information requested.
- For the Default Callback URL field, go to the setup wizard and click Next.
- Copy the value on the setup wizard and paste it into the field on the Tumblr page.
- When you are finished with the Tumblr page, click Register. The apps page is displayed, with your new app at the bottom of the list.
- On the setup wizard, click Next.
- On the Tumblr page, copy the OAuth Consumer Key associated with your newly-created application. Paste it into the App Key field (located under the app listing) on the setup wizard.
- On the Tumblr page, click Show Secret Key (located under your app).
- Copy the Secret Key and paste it into the App Secret field on the setup wizard.
- Click Save.
Figure 2: Tumblr Setup Wizard, Tumblr Enabled Page
Your Tumblr provider is now configured and available as an option for Social Login.