The Google+ platform developer policies are found here.
These guidelines will impact you the most:
- Google lists specific guidelines relating to user disconnect, including enabling users to disconnect their Google account within your application and deleting user data when a user disconnects from your application. Refer to the following developer policy pages for details on these topics:
- If your application allows lengthy session times, a user may be logged in with legacy Google after you have replaced Google with Google+. In those cases, a customer would be logged in with Google, but not logged in with Google+. You may want to forcibly end those user’s sessions and encourage login with Google+.
- Google requires that Google logins be given equal prominence with other identity providers. Refer to the developer policy page for details.
Google+ Dashboard Setup
To set up Google+ as a Social Login provider, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Janrain Dashboard (dashboard.janrain.com).
- On the property you want to configure, click the Manage Engage App button ().
- On the Providers tile, click the Manage Providers button ().
- In the Provider list on the right side of the page, click Google+.
- Click Configure. The Google+ Setup Wizard appears.
Figure 1: Google+ Setup Wizard, First Page
- If you do not have a Google account, create one.
- Sign in to Google and click the link displayed on the Google+ Setup Wizard. The Google Developers Console page is displayed in your browser.
- Click the project you want to use for integration with Janrain. If you don’t have a project, create one:
- Click Create Project. The New Project dialog appears.
Figure 2: New Project Dialog
- Enter a Project Name.
- Select the Terms of Service.
- Click Create.
- On the Google+ Setup Wizard, Click Next.
- On the left navigation bar of the Projects page, click APIS & AUTH to expand the list.
Figure 3: Enable Google+ and Google Contacts API
- Click APIs to display the API list.
- In the API list, for Google+ API select ON.
- In the Enable the Google+ API dialog, select the Terms of Service and click Accept.
- On the left navigation bar of the Projects page, click Credentials.
- In the OAuth section, click Create new Client ID. The Create Client ID dialog is displayed.
Figure 4: Create Client ID
- Click Web Application.
- Click Create Client ID.
- Return to the Google+ Setup Wizard and click Next.
- On the Projects page in the Client ID for web application section, copy the CLIENT ID and CLIENT SECRET values and paste them to the corresponding boxes on the Google+ Setup Wizard.
Figure 5: Google+ Setup Wizard, Client Credentials Page
- If you wish to use Over the Air Android App Installs (see below), you can enter your Android Package Name on the Google+ Setup Wizard. This is optional.
- On the Google+ Setup Wizard, unselect Require G+ account if you do not require your users to have a Google+ account.
- Click Save.
- The Google+ Setup Wizard displays the Google+ is currently enabled page. Click Close.
You may now add Google+ as a Social Login provider on the Janrain Dashboard.
Over-the-Air Android App Installs
You can allow over-the-air installation of Android apps for Google+.
To enable this feature:
- Follow the instructions for the Google setup process.
- Copy the Android application package name to the Social Login provider configuration.
For over-the-air installs to work, the following must be true:
- The user logging in to the site must log in with a Google+ account tied to an Android device.
- The app must come from the Google Play store.
- The app must be free.
- The app must have a minimum of 10 ratings, with a minimum rating of three stars.