Note: If you do not have an existing Foursquare account, the setup will include an email verification step.
To set up Foursquare, follow these steps.
- Sign in to the Janrain Dashboard (dashboard.janrain.com).
- Click the Manage Engage App button () corresponding to the property to configure.
- On the right side of the page, click the Provider Configuration link. The Provider Configuration page is displayed.
- In the list on the right, click Foursquare.
- Click Configure. The Provider Setup Guide appears.
Figure 1: Provider Setup Guide, Intro Page
- In the Janrain pop-up window, click Foursquare to sign up for an account if you do not already have one. The sign-up link is near the bottom of their page.
- Once you have an account, go back to the pop-up and click foursquare.com/oauth.
- On the Foursquare page, click Register a New Consumer. The OAuth Consumer Registration form is displayed.
Figure 2: OAuth Consumer Registration Form
- Enter a name for the application and the URL of the page where Social Login will be hosted.
- Return to the pop-up and click Next.
- The Callback URL is displayed. Enter this into the Callback URL field on the Foursquare form.
- Click Register Application when you are done. The My OAuth Consumers page is displayed.
- Copy the Client ID from this page.
- Go back to the pop-up and click Next.
- In the pop-up window, paste in the Client ID.
Figure 3: Provider Setup Guide, Client Credentials
- Go back to the Foursquare page, copy your Client Secret, and paste it into the pop-up.
- Click Save. The Provider Enabled page is displayed.
Figure 4: Provider Setup Guide, Provider Enabled Page
Foursquare is now configured as an Identity Provider, and may be added to Social Login.