The Janrain Salesforce Connector allows data to be synchronized between Salesforce and Janrain.
Major features of Janrain’s Salesforce integration include:
- Consumer Profile Data Transfer—User data is passed between Janrain and Salesforce. New records created in Janrain are transferred to Salesforce.
- Flexible Field Mapping—A mapping language allows any field within the Janrain database to be mapped to any field within an accessible Salesforce object. Plural and object mapping are supported.
- Profile Deletion—Deletion behavior is configurable (deletion events from each system can be either ignored or acted upon).
- Configurable Salesforce Polling Interval and Base URL—The connector supports the maximum Salesforce five-minute polling interval and a configurable Salesforce URL for API calls from Janrain.
- Apigee Compatibility—The connector is compatible with Apigee.
- Updates in Janrain are pushed to Salesforce instantly, whereas updates in Salesforce are retrieved by Janrain on a timed basis.
- New records created in Salesforce will not be transferred to Janrain.
Note: There may be an additional licensing charge from Salesforce to deploy the connector. This fee will be passed from Janrain to the customer.
- A Janrain Registration (Capture) solution
- A deployed Salesforce solution
Deploying and configuring the Salesforce integration is performed by a Janrain technical representative. Before we get started, Janrain will need the following information about your Salesforce org:
- Your organization’s Salesforce Org number (for billing purposes). The Salesforce integration license is for a single Salesforce Org.
- What type of Salesforce license (edition) your organization has.
- Any API usage limits in place for your Salesforce implementation.
- Whether you are deploying the Salesforce integration in a staging (sandbox) or production instance of your site.
The bulk of integrating Salesforce with Janrain solutions is performed behind the scenes by Janrain. Complete the following steps to finish the installation:
- Create a Salesforce user account (solely for use by the Janrain connector) with read/write privileges.
- Create a connected app within Salesforce (for use by the Janrain connector) that has OAuth settings enabled.
- All objects will need an external ID (to support mapping).
- Provide a spreadsheet with field mappings.
- Provide the configuration settings outlined below.
- Ensure that your Salesforce license supports the volume of data transfer (API calls) required by the Janrain connector.
- Create or identify a field in Salesforce to which to map the Janrain UUID.
Information required by Janrain differs depending on what features of the Janrain Salesforce integration are being implemented. This is a general list of the information that Janrain will request for implementation:
- Salesforce login URL
- Salesforce login credentials
- Salesforce security token
- Salesforce consumer key
- Salesforce consumer secret
- Salesforce polling interval
- Salesforce object(s)
- Janrain entity type(s)
- Janrain client ID(s) to whitelist for inclusion in the integration
- Record deletion behavior in Salesforce (respond to or ignore deletions from Janrain)
- Record deletion behavior in Janrain (respond to or ignore deletions from Salesforce)