Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Marketing Cloud) is a leading global provider of email marketing and cross-channel interactive marketing software-as-a-service solutions. These solutions empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, and websites.
Major features of Janrain’s Marketing Cloud integration include:
- Consumer Profile Data Transfer—User data is passed one way (from Janrain to Marketing Cloud) based on configurable field mappings.
- Email Subscription List Transfer—Subscription list information is passed both ways (between Janrain and Marketing Cloud) to keep user preferences synchronized between systems.
- Transactional Email Sending—Forgot Password and Welcome email messages may be sent through Marketing Cloud instead of Janrain. This supports entity, static, and mail event variables.
- Business Unit Support—Profile data can be transferred into business units. This supports using the same business unit for multiple instances of registration.
- Marketing Cloud Enterprise 2.0 Support
- A Janrain Registration (Capture) solution
- A deployed Marketing Cloud solution
The bulk of integrating Marketing Cloud with Janrain solutions is performed behind the scenes by Janrain. Do the following steps to finish the installation:
- Create a test account in Marketing Cloud (for Janrain testing purposes).
- Create a production account in Marketing Cloud (for the final integration to use once testing is complete).
- Complete the questionnaire (included in the deliverables provided by Janrain). These answers inform the back-end configuration.
Information Required by Janrain
Information required by Janrain differs depending on what features of Janrain’s Marketing Cloud integration are being implemented. The following is a general list of the information that Janrain will request for implementation.
- A list of desired features and the use cases for these features:
- Consumer Profile Data Transfer
- Email Subscription List Transfer
- Transactional Email Sending
- The details of your Janrain integration and how your Marketing Cloud configurations will relate to:
- number of Registration applications
- number of API clients
- number of properties the integration will service
- number of Registration entity types
- a description of how the Marketing Cloud connector will relate to these existing applications and properties
- Requirements around bulk transfer of existing user records from Janrain into Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Details
- Contact info for your Marketing Cloud technical contact
- Marketing Cloud version
- The Marketing Cloud test instance URL, Business Unit ID, and Janrain account login credentials
- The Marketing Cloud production instance URL, Business Unit ID, and Janrain account login credentials
- Whether or not your Marketing Cloud subscriber key is enabled
- Any information on Business Units to be used (if any)
- A list of Janrain schema fields that will be mapped to Marketing Cloud, including:
- whether the data will be mapped to the subscriber record or into data extensions
- the target Marketing Cloud attribute names and locations
- the structure of any data extensions that will be used
- Requirements around profile deletion (determine if profiles should be deleted in Janrain if they are deleted in Marketing Cloud)
Transaction Email Details
- A list of the transactional emails that will be sent from Marketing Cloud
- For each transactional email, provide the following:
- the Registration event that should trigger the email (password reset, email verification, and so on)
- the External Key of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud template that should be used
- whether there will be shared templates for all properties or different templates for each property
- A list of email subscription lists that will be synchronized, including:
- the subscription list ID
- how the subscription maps to Janrain lists
- Requirements around email verification (determine if lists will be synchronized only if the user’s email address is verified)