The Janrain integration with Acquia lift enables Acquia Cloud customers who use Acquia Lift to personalize Drupal site content based on Janrain customer profile attributes.
Customer profile data stored within Janrain Registration can be transferred to Drupal using the Janrain Drupal module. Once mapped and available in Drupal user records, customer profile data can be accessed by Acquia Lift for content personalization.
This integration requires:
The following example walks you through personalizing content on a Drupal site hosted on Acquia Cloud using Janrain Registration and Acquia Lift.
The Janrain Drupal module supports mapping Janrain customer profile fields to Drupal user fields. Acquia Lift can personalize site content based on user context. This integration blueprint demonstrates how to use Acquia Lift to personalize site content based on a gender value that is transferred from Janrain to Drupal.
1. To create a field in Drupal to store the personalization attribute, start at Configuration and click Account Settings.
2. Click Manage Fields.
3. Add the field that will hold the personalization attribute.
4. Click Configuration.
5. Click Janrain Capture.
6. Click Field Mapping and map the Capture field to the newly-created Drupal field.
7. Click Save Configuration.
1. Click Acquia Lift.
2. Click the campaign listing page link.
3. Click Add Personalization Campaign.
4. Enter a campaign name and select personalize-target as the type.
5. Click Save campaign settings.
6. Click on the name of the campaign to reveal the available visitor contexts.
7. Click Choose a context… and select the context to be used for personalization.
8. Click Save campaign settings.
1. Log in to your Acquia Cloud Drupal site with administrator privileges.
2. Navigate to the page that will host the Lift personalized content. Click Customize this page.
3. In the page section that will include the Lift personalized content, click the + icon.
4. In the Widgets section, click Add text.
5. Select the campaign to be used for personalization.
6. In the General Settings section, enter a Title.
7. Enter the default text to be shown in the personalization block and click +Add an option.
Enter Personalization Block Text
8. Add the first content variation.
9. Add the second content variation.
10. Click Save.
11. The block is displayed on your page.
12. Click Save.
1. Return to your campaign and click the content variation set.
2. You will see the set of variations that were created earlier. Click Show to visitors with specific traits.
3. Select the variable you want to use for personalization.
4. Enter a value for the context variable.
5. Enter all values that will be used for personalization.
6. Click Save variation sets.
7. Click Start to start executing the campaign.
1. Accessing the web page when logged out will initially show the default text variation.
2. After signing in with a Janrain Capture account that has a gender attribute, the site will display one of the two content variations (depending on the gender attribute value).