- Social Sign-in Widget
- Implementation Guide
- User’s Guide
- Social Sign-in Widget API
- User Registration Widget
- Widget Basics
- Implementation Guide
- User Guide
- Default Email Templates
- Default UI Flow
- Mobile Support
- Using jQuery
- Saving Traditional Sign-in User Data
- User Registration Widget JS API
- Technical Overview
- Social Sharing Widget
- Provider Setup Guide
- One-Click Sharing Widget
- Legacy Sign-in Widget
- Legacy Sharing Widget
The setup for Disqus has a fewer settings available than many other providers. Setup requires only the bare minimum, as the remainder is set up with server-to-server API calls from the Engage server to the Disqus server.
Disqus Setup ¶
To set up Disqus, follow these steps.
- Sign into the Engage dashboard (rpxnow.com).
- On the right side of the page, click the Provider Configuration link. You go to the Provider Configuration page.
- In the list on the right, click Disqus.
- Click the Configurebutton. This starts the setup guide that gives step by step instructions to set up the provider, as shown in Figure 1.
- Go to the Disqus developer site. If you don’t already have an account, create one.
- Then go to http://disqus.com/api/applications/.
- On the right hand side of the Applications panel, click the + Register New Application button.
You get a new page requesting information.
- In the Label field, enter the name of your application.
- Enter a Description of your app.
- Enter the name of your Organization.
- Enter your application’s Website, that is, URL.
- Enter the bot defeating text near the bottom of the page, then click the + Register My Application button.
You get a new page called Application Details.
- Back on the Janrain dashboard, click the Next button.
You get a new page. Copy the Trusted Domain.
- In the new Disqus page, about halfway down, in the Settings section, there is a text box for Domains. Paste the Trusted Domain from the previous step here.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
You get a new page.
- Click the Details tab. Scroll down until you can see API Key and API Secret.
- Copy the API Key.
- Back on the Janrain dialog, click the Next button.
- Paste the API Key you copied into the first field in the Janrain dialog.
- Go back to the Disqus page and copy the API Secret.
- Go back to the Janrain dialog, and paste the API Secret into the second field on the Janrain dialog.
- Still in the Janrain dialog, click Next.
- You get a success message, as shown in Figure 2.