- JUMP for Android
- JUMP for iOS
- Sample Applications
- Advanced Topics
- Legacy Engage for iOS
Legacy Engage for iOS
This is the legacy version of Engage for iOS. If you are creating a new application, use the new JUMP for iOS documentation.
The Janrain Engage for iOS library makes it easy to include third-party authentication and social publishing in your iOS (iPad, iPhone) app. This library includes the same key features as our web widgets and additional features specific to the mobile platform.
Engage for iOS is an iOS library project written in Objective-C that uses iOS’s native SDK for a seamless user experience within your iPhone or iPad application. The Janrain Engage for iOS library is available under Berkeley License to all Janrain customers. Use of the library is simple, requiring only a few lines of code.
Authentication and Sharing ¶
With as few as three lines of code, you can authenticate your users with their accounts on Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, etc., and they can immediately publish their activities to multiple social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, and Yahoo, through one simple interface.
Platform Specific Features ¶
Beyond authentication and social sharing, the latest release of the Engage for iPhone SDK now allows mobile apps to:
- Email/SMS — Share content, activities, game scores or invitations.
- Native/Social Login — Both can be displayed on the same screen.
- Track Popularity/Click Through Rates — Track various links included in shared email messages with automatic URL shortening for up to 5 URLs.
- Sensitive Transaction Authentication — Provide an additional level of security with forced re-authentication when users are about to conduct a sensitive transaction, like making a purchase or changing a password.
- Mobile Specific Providers Lists — Configure separate lists of providers for mobile and web.
- Native or Custom Look and Feel — Match the look and feel of iOS. Customize background colors, images, and navigation bar tints.
Additional Resources ¶
Before using Engage for Android, you must sign up and create an Engage application, which you can do from the Janrain Engage Dashboard.
For the step-by-step guide to setting up a mobile application, you can use the Engage for iOS wizard.
To see the complete list of available methods, please see the JREngage API documentation.
Demo Applications ¶
The following demo apps are available in the iTunes App Store: