Single Sign-on, and Identity Services are options available to the JUMP solution, and are not available to Engage Social Sign-in Basic and Plus customers. To get started with these solutions, visit the Get Janrain page.
Janrain Federate enables websites to extend site authentication and single sign-on experience for its users across multiple web properties and partner sites. Users sign into websites using social logins through Janrain Engage, or using traditional site user name and passwords (Conventional Users).
There are two distinct products that fall under the Federate umbrella:
- Identity Services – For making existing user data portable and open.
- SSO – For adding Single Sign On functionality to a family of websites.
Once signed-in, the user remains so across the family of websites supported by Federate.
The following topics discuss Federate implementations in detail:
- Identity Services – Adapts an existing conventional login environment to open standards, making the user data portable.
- Engage Integration – Adding the Single Sign On functionality to your websites using the Engage Social Sign-in Widget.
- Capture Integration – Adding the Single Sign On functionality to your websites using the Capture Widget.